Re: [opensuse-project] Revising the Board Election Rules, 2nd iteration
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:35:43 +0200
Le mercredi 29 septembre 2010, à 15:31 +0200, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
On Wednesday 29 September 2010 15:21:14 Rupert Horstkötter wrote:
[...]
Also the rule to follow if insufficient nominations occur isn't clear
to me. If I understand this correct, the board would be able to
appoint anyone out of curiosity (incl. the not-voted-for candidate) if
the regular vote fails for some reason. This doesn't lead to community

Correct.

I didn't read the text again, but iirc, before the board can appoint
people, the nomination period is extended first to allow new candidates
to run for the elections. If we don't have enough candidates after that,
then we're already in a bad situation, so appointing people seems like
an okay solution to move forward in such a case.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.