Re: [opensuse-project] community transition
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:00:59 +0200
Hey Thomas,

On 27.09.2010 21:30, Thomas Hertweck wrote:
On 27/09/10 11:30, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
[...]
I don't. He has contributed since he got hired right? That's the only
thing that counts. Who cares if he get's payed, by whom, as long as he
contributes right?

Sorry, Henne, I appreciate all the work you do and you have my utmost
respect for all the contributions you make to openSUSE, but I disagree
with you on that one here.

I am talking about you telling Jos that his opinion counts less (to the
point where you find it ironic) because he's not an old-timer and gets
payed for it (please mind what i quoted and what not) and I strongly
disagree with it. Jos got hired and immediately jumped into a couple of
topics with both feet. No need to question his dedication to our project.

I am neither talking about if voicing ideas is allowed or not or if
managers (I am one myself!) are good or bad. Of course you can voice
your opinion and of course it's a valuable contribution and of course
"management" is needed in any serious organization.

Please don't make this about something that it isn't. Thanks

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson