Re: [opensuse-project] community transition
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:28:16 +1000
On 26/09/2010 19:09, Thomas Hertweck wrote:
On 24/09/10 10:28, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
openSUSE is, like all Free Software communities, a meritocracy. You
EARN the right to speak up (influence) by proving yourself valuable. If
you don't contribute, who the f*** are you that we should listen? We're
not a company - where managers get appointed to a position because they
had the right papers and contacts and get paid well - here, those who
actually KNOW what they are talking about are in charge. When we need
input from others (like users) we ask for it (eg see the openSUSE users
I find your statement quite ironical. You haven't contributed to SuSE or
openSUSE in the past (at least not directly), now you are being *paid* to
work on Linux (openSUSE) the whole day, and you have been *appointed* the
community manager. You get the picture?

I wrote a similar response last night - but didn't send it.

I am now glad to see that I am not the only one who has the same idea of what Jos is on about.

Sound that shatters silence is called noise. Sound that enhances silence is
called music.
Chinese proverb