Re: [opensuse-project] Revising the Board election rules
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 09:36:44 +0200
Le 10/09/2010 23:59, Gerald Pfeifer a écrit :
On Wed, 8 Sep 2010, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
I wanted to have the 50 % in both rules, I've made this now clearer with one
instead of two rules:

* Insufficient Nominations: If there are fewer nominees for elected
Board seats than required to fill all seats, than the board will
appoint these remaining seats.

If there are not more candidates than seats, voting occurs as normal
but each candidate needs to have more than 50 per cent yes votes. In
case that seats do not get elected, the board will appoint them.

I assume the _new_ board gets to nominate? Perhaps this could be made
a tad more explicit?

in this exact situation (elections), may be we could make a special
college for nominations with the old and the new board together? I
feel very unconfortable with this situation, meaning there is a great
conflict or a comunity on very bad shape!

jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://pizzanetti.fr