Re: [opensuse-project] Revising the Board election rules
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 16:21:46 -0400
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 25 August 2010 17:47:49 Greg Freemyer wrote:
[...]
2) I think you should consider an appointed replacement fulfilling the
original 2 year term, not just until the next annual election.
Otherwise, due to a single sickness, etc. you could have:

person 1 for 6 months via normal election,
person 2 for 6 months via appointment,
person 3 for 12 months via special election.

That's too much turmoil if it can be avoided.

I suggest that the person appointed stands up for election for the seat and
thus gets reconfirmed by the community on this to avoid this.  Having the
confirmation by the openSUSE members might be important,

Are you saying: have the board name a replacement, then immediately
have a yes / no vote of the members? If yes, they stand in until the
end of the 2-year term.

That seems logical to me.

Greg