Re: [opensuse-project] Revising the Board election rules
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 21:09:02 +0200
On Wednesday 25 August 2010 18:49:44 jdd wrote:
Le 25/08/2010 15:54, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
New rule: Appointment: In case that board seats will get appointed,
they get appointed by the board.

what do you mean by "appointment"? in french this translate by
"rendez-vous"?

If I guess from the whole post, you mean "designate". The board (what
board?) should designate some of the board members? and if you have

The openSUSE board.

only one remaining board memember, this one will designate all the
others?

designations, or cooptation can be accepted on large groups, for a
small number of people and a small time period, but on a five member
group... I guess no

It's for at most a year - until the next electoin.

you should rewrite your proposition (sorry) by rewriting and
publishing the whole rules. I can't really understand how your
proposal cope with the present rules.

It's in addition to the existing ones, no need to change any of the
existing ones at all. The blog post contains a link to the current ones.

just some thought:

* if ever we don't have enough candidates, that mean to position is
not attractive and some important things have to be rethinked (no
patch will do any good)

Yes, it is - but still you want to move forward as well.

* it's very frequent to have the same number of candidates than
places, because most candidate are not really wanting the duty but
simply wanting to help and give easily they voice to an other people.
This is not necerrely bad.

* a yes/no vote don't make any good: what do you do if evry body have
all yes or all no?

You mean if two people get the same number of votes? Let's check the rules
for that...

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany