Re: [opensuse-project] How to announce team meetings?
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 13:34:09 +0200
I spoke with the Forum admins, news.o.o feeds into the 'Tech News' forum,
so everything that is announced on news.o.o will go into the forums.

I've added the following now to the wiki at
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Wiki

To announce a meeting, follow these steps:

* Create a meeting page in the wiki, many teams not only use this as
reference how to participate in the meeting but also to collect agenda and
archive past minutes and action items.
* Get the meeting in the calendar on news.o.o. The openSUSE Weekly News
Team will see it their as well and add it to their calendar for the next
version.
* Announce it on your team mailing list
* If this is a special meeting or you meet for the first time, announce
it on news.opensuse.org with a separate announcement (entries in the event
calendar are not announcements!) and send the announcement as well to the
opensuse-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list. The announcement on
news.opensuse.org will show up automatically on the openSUSE forum in the
'Tech News' forum, it will also show up in a couple of other places like on
Twitter and Facebook.

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany