Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Strategy Discussion: #1 KDE distribution
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:40:10 +0200
* Bryen M. Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> [2010-08-04 17:00]:
The strategy discussion started as a result of the Great Debate of 2009.
Primarily, at least I observed, we saw two opposing views on what
openSUSE was all about. One camp felt that openSUSE's strength would be
better served if we gave more focus on one Desktop, and the other camp
reminding us that all along, our strength has been that we had more than
one tier 1 desktop.

And as we looked around, we found that we had no clear distinction
published anywhere that actually defined what our strengths were and why
we were here in the first place.

And having such definition does in fact help us in the long run to
better manage and focus our efforts. The question that sitll remains
is, what will that definition be, and we hope to see the outcome of that
question settled in the near future.

Actually it has been recorded now at
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Status_quo_strategy

And I still don't see what's actually wrong with it.

--
Guido Berhoerster