Re: [opensuse-project] How to announce team meetings?
  • From: DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:18:45 +0200
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday 04 August 2010 13:19:50 DenverD wrote:
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday 27 July 2010 12:06:19 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
I see different teams announce their team meetings in different ways and
suggest to discuss how to do it the best way - and document it.

Here's one proposal for this:

== Announcing Team Meetings ==
* Create a meeting page in the wiki to collect the agenda
* Add the meeting to http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Meetings
* Get the meeting in the calendar on news.o.o - this way the openSUSE

Weekly News Team will add it to their calendar

* Announce it via opensuse-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx and

news.o.o. for the first meeting or for special meetings

* Announce it on your team mailing list
* Good practice: Announce a preliminary agenda with topics for the

meeting and not only that it will take place

Right now we have both the wiki calendar in the meetings portal and the
news.o.o calendar, I propose to remove the wiki calendar and point to
news.o.o.

Thoughts on this?

Btw. - I would add the result of our discussion to
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Meetings,
No thoughts? Ok, I'll add this later to the Meetings page,
should team meetings be announced also in
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/news/announcements/

That was the kind of feedback I hoped for - thanks DenverD

or, is there good reason to keep Team interest out of the forums, and
in mail lists only?

The teams currently coordinate via mailing lists, e.g. the GNOME team.
Special
meetings - or first time meeting - could be added for sure to the forums as
well. Is there a way to show the news.o.o event calendar in the forums so
that
we have less duplication?

maybe i missunderstood, but i thought you were proposing to advertise
the team meetings in both news.o.o and opensuse-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
right?

my thought is, if it is important enough to send openSUSE team meeting
announcements to news.o.o *and* the mail lists it must just as
important send it to the forums..

but, if three means is too much duplication, you could just drop it
off of either the mail list or news.o.o. as you add the forums..

or, if duplication is really a problem, just send it to news.o.o and
let all read it there...

mail list followers do usually have at least lynx or links, right?
"links news.opensuse.org" works perfect here! :-)

DenverD