Re: [opensuse-project] How to announce team meetings?
  • From: DenverD <DenverD@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:19:50 +0200

Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Tuesday 27 July 2010 12:06:19 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
I see different teams announce their team meetings in different ways and
suggest to discuss how to do it the best way - and document it.

Here's one proposal for this:

== Announcing Team Meetings ==
* Create a meeting page in the wiki to collect the agenda
* Add the meeting to http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Meetings
* Get the meeting in the calendar on news.o.o - this way the openSUSE
Weekly News Team will add it to their calendar
* Announce it via opensuse-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx and
news.o.o. for the first meeting or for special meetings
* Announce it on your team mailing list
* Good practice: Announce a preliminary agenda with topics for the
meeting and not only that it will take place

Right now we have both the wiki calendar in the meetings portal and the
news.o.o calendar, I propose to remove the wiki calendar and point to
news.o.o.

Thoughts on this?

Btw. - I would add the result of our discussion to
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Meetings,

No thoughts? Ok, I'll add this later to the Meetings page,

should team meetings be announced also in
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/news/announcements/

or, is there good reason to keep Team interest out of the forums, and
in mail lists only?

DenverD