Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Strategy Discussion: The Linux Distribution Platform Strategy
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:29:31 +0200
Fredag den 30. juli 2010 22:52:06 skrev jdd:
Le 30/07/2010 22:00, Martin Schlander a écrit :
Fredag den 30. juli 2010 21:03:20 skrev jdd:
don't you think:

* we are making circles, without progressing;
* we are leading in a wrong direction

(I know these two statements are somewhat in opposite directions :-)

May be we should say:

* we love the present status, where openSUSE is a wide open
distribution, able to fit servers as well as newbies on desktop;

No. Not having any clear direction at all as now, is horrible. It's bad
for development and it's bad for marketing. Everybody is completely
confused about what openSUSE is or should be.

if it was so horrible, who would be here to discuss? and why do you
remove from my post the most relevant part?

it's a *fact* that we love the present situation, and we have to know
what can be removed

I still don't quite agree. I think most people are here cuz they loved the
situation from 3-6 years ago and before that.

But I do agree that the present situation should play a very prominent role in
the new strategy - and that's what the "productive poweruser" strategy does -
and another proposal coming up later takes that approach even further as Jan
Engelhardt hinted at :-)