Re: [opensuse-project] Regarding codenames and colors
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 11:16:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday 2010-07-22 10:56, Stephan Kleine wrote:
What do you think?

Identity implies consistency. I want my green. And quite frankly,
even changing the artwork every release I consider too much. (The
11.3 backgrounds are some ugly cyanide bubble mix; I am still using a
retrofitted 11.1 grayband theme.)

Well, make up the "corporate identity" by shapes or some Geeko logo but I just
had it with the same color. Why should we always stick with that green?

Why should we not? Red is "taken" by Redhat, Brown/Purple by Ubuntu,
Blue by Fedora, and SUSE filled the green slot. Not much left in the
color wheel.

The only way out seems to use black - which isn't a color (at least,
if you ask physicists).