Re: [opensuse-project] The new wiki search plain sucks
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 08:50:01 +0200
On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 08:13, Martin Schlander wrote:
Tirsdag den 13. juli 2010 04:58:36 skrev Stephan Kleine:
I don't know who decided on where the new wikis search searches and I don't
care but the current way just sucks.

E.g. go to the wiki and try to find the former "How to install the NVIDIA
drivers" article as shown at

E.g. search for "nvidia" and note the first article shown there is
something about compiz without the proper one being in sight.

I noticed the exact same problem. But if you check the checkbox to include the
SDB namespace in the search, the proper Nvidia article is found.

I think the SDB namespace should be included in searches by default along
"main" and "Portal:"

That's easy to set...$wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault

On the topic of how poor the default search is...