[opensuse-project] Re: Common troubleshooting during an Install Fest
  • From: Malcolm <malcolm_lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:50:14 -0500
On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 20:45:36 +0530
Manu Gupta <manugupt1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear All,

I am moving this from to the project list from marketing list as
Bryen suggested

Since a lot of people have done openSUSE install fests over here on
the list, what were the most common problems faced during installation
as this can prepare anyone for an upcoming install fest.

--
Regards
MANU

- How can I play DVD (Best solution: Install VLC)
Hi
To be honest I don't mind spending a few dollars on software, but have
also purchased the fluendo products, two rpms to install and I'm done
for all my multimedia requirements.

The other item I use is handbrake to ummm backup my dvds.... ;)

I see they have a complete media bundle now which may be an alternative
for some. Maybe approaching Fluendo and see if they will sponsor a
give-away to a lucky user at an install fest?

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.12-0.7-default