Re: [opensuse-project] independence
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 23:15:15 +0200
Le mardi 08 juin 2010, à 17:41 +0000, Trifle Menot a écrit :
Debian exists without a primary sponsor. Maybe that leap is too big for
opensuse to make. But ask yourselves why.

Oh, I have an answer for that: because openSUSE has much less developers
than openSUSE :-)

Seriously.

If you want to have openSUSE "independent", then the first step is to
actually contribute so that openSUSE can live without Novell resources.
I understand that you don't want to contribute until it's independent,
but I hope you realize that it's a chicken and egg problem, in that
case.

The Foundation the board is working on would hopefully help people see
that this is something that is getting worked on, and that we (openSUSE
community) care about.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.