Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE - Portal:Teams
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 10:24:08 +0200
On Thursday 29 April 2010 16:22:47 Martin Schlander wrote:
Torsdag den 29. april 2010 15:07:29 skrev Shayon Mukherjee:
For the past few days myself along with some great contributors (P.M me
for the list :) ) have been working on Portal:Teams [1] . That is
organizing the Teams in and around openSUSE . You are requested to spend
some time reviewing it and get back to the list if you find something is
not right or would like to solve your queries. This process is almost
done (basics), but yes incomplete without your valuable review and input
.

I plan to finish this process and announce it by end of this week.If
required I can be flexible with this :) , that said I am no hurry .

Waiting to hear from you . . .

PS:If there is no response the page will considered as O.K .

Looks pretty good. I wonder if all the major OBS projects shouldn't be
listed too - like X11, Games, Server, Kernel etc.

I suggest we start with what we have today and define what makes a team - and
if those "qualify" as a team, let's add them.

Here's my shot at a definition:
A team in the openSUSE context for me is an informal group of people that
collaborate on a well-defined task. They should have a list of tasks that
people can help with, some documented way for others can join, a team page in
the wiki, and some kind of discussion going on - and this is a public project,
not a Novell internal thing.

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
List Navigation