Re: [opensuse-project] i18n: man pages
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:55:18 +0200

On 2010-04-27 11:47, Juergen Weigert wrote:

Which is helpful for the technically inclined, but not for the end user.

For a perfect user experience (in an ideal world), installing a package
foo should make 'something' of the name foo appear in the system.
This something could be
- a desktop icon,
- a menu entry,
- something the desktop search can find, or
- (at least!) a command on the command line.

Just my humble opinion, ignoring any feasability.

That's my opinion, too.

I checked out serna yesterday to see, if a desktop file could be easily
added. Just to find out, that serna does not even compile on 11.2 and up.

Yagh.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))