Re: [opensuse-project] Can we support for-profit organizations to make money? (Was: Ubuntu One Music Store)
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:46:36 +0100
Hi,

On 02/24/2010 04:04 PM, Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
On 02/20/2010 03:12 AM, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
I'm Jeff Mitchell, one of the Amarok authors. Nice to meet all of you.
Likewise :)
Canonical however is a for-profit company. Other distributions
shipping this plugin means that you're helping Canonical make their

I think this also applies to creating and LTS version.

I'm sorry but what applies to creating an LTS version? I fail to see the
connection here.

These people are going to need to be paid or it will not happen.

Then it will not happen, I'm afraid.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.