Re: [opensuse-project] USB installer support for 11.3?
  • From: Matt Barringer <mbarringer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:31:40 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Martin Schlander wrote:

* The tool needs to be put in default desktop installations for 11.3

* The package lacks a menu entry/.desktop file to make it easily launchable
via the menu - e.g. Kickoff - with clicky, clicky and a nice xdg-su/kdesu
permission dialog.

* It seems that you _must_ plug in the usb-device _before_ launching
imagewriter - either this should be changed, or there should be some kind
of reminder/warning on startup if no usb-device is found.

Oh, and maybe the term "appliance" should be changed to something more generic
like "image".

Do you really think most of the images created with suse studio are actually
just appliances and not proper, full blown, multipurpose "distros"?

Hi,

I've been planning on adding USB key insertion detection but haven't had the time yet. It and better desktop integration will be implemented soon. Also, you're right about the "appliance" text - I just changed it to say "disk image".

Thanks for the suggestions,
Matt

--
Matt Barringer, Software Engineer
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)