Re: [opensuse-project] Self-Introduction - openSUSE Community Assistant
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 15:00:42 +0200
Hey Rupert,

I've been involved with the openSUSE Project for several years. I
served as the Project Manager of the openSUSE Forums Merge, I
initiated the openSUSE Forums section at the openSUSE Weekly
Newsletter and I contributed as a moderator at the openSUSE Forums to
the openSUSE community. I was employed twice at Novell/SUSE - as an
Intern in Product Management in 2007/2008 and as a Workstudent for
Community Architecture in 2008/2009.
Who could forget the great times? ;-)

As of the 1st of October 2009, I'm sponsored by open-slx.com to work
for the openSUSE Project as openSUSE Community Assistant. I'm really
looking forward to collaborate with several openSUSE teams on
improving openSUSE documentation and community resources - namely the
openSUSE wiki, the openSUSE Forums, the SDB and other support
information for openSUSE.
It's really great to have you back and sponsored :-)

My current focus is to work on a concept for the openSUSE wiki to
improve the content quality, to enhance its usability and to improve
its maintainability.
Which is more than cool. You probably know of our boosters effort [1]
which also goes into the direction of documentation? Please people
sync tightly to pull into the same direction. I assume discussion go
on on opensuse-web@xxxxxxxxxxxx?

Thanks,

Klaas

[1]