Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Decision making transparency ...
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 15:04:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Wednesday, 2009-08-26 at 13:13 -0400, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

Let's cut this here, please. Michael and Sankar, you'll have an
opportunity to sit down and talk at the conference, I'm sure that will
be more productive than continuing this on the mailing list.

And a quick reminder folks: We agree, or I hope we agree, that
openSUSE's goals are to spread Linux and make things fun: This has
been quite the opposite of fun, and anyone turning a eye towards this
list recently would be quite likely to form a very negative opinion of
this community.

This may not have been handled perfectly, but we can and will do
better in the future, but that's the decision we have for now. Sniping
at each other isn't going to get us anywhere.

GNOME and KDE folks - you're on the same side, or ought to be. Our
competition hangs its hat in Redmond and in Cupertino, and if you lose
sight of that, we all lose.

Mmm... no, I no longer can think we are on the same side. :-/

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.