[opensuse-project] Re: Voting for name for openSLES/openSUSE LTS wasRe: I will use the CIVS service for the choosing of the name.
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 21:24:15 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 15:38:48 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

Uhhg, have you at least identified a user base? Is this for desktop
users, or is it for servers? In the LTS space I really think those are
2 very different bases and you don't need to support both.

For some reason I thought you were shooting for the LTS server space
similar to Centos.

If you haven't even gotten the far, picking a serious name seems very
premature.

+1, well said, Greg.

I've seen too many projects fail (or falter/stagnate) because the first
goal was to come up with a cool sounding name without clearly defining
what the project was actually about.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson