Re: [opensuse-project] openFATE feature #307495: GNOME default
  • From: Sankar P <sankar.curiosity@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 16:23:35 +0530
On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Daniele<kailed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Il lunedì 24 agosto 2009, Christian Jäger scrisse:
Henne, you might have overlooked it, but these feature requests are
filed for openSUSE 11.3, not 11.2.

It was promised that the 'KDE default' decision for openSUSE 11.2
would not mean that openSUSE would default KDE for all eternity but
that GNOME would have a chance to become defaulted when it became
more popular in the future.
_IF_ Gnome will be more popular/used..
why not lxde/icewm/$other.
Maybe one day one of them will be the most popular/used..

Do you/we want an openFate entry for each DE ?! I hope not because it
would be a silly game.

If one day there will be another most popular/used DE, I 'm sure that
default selection will change too. So I really don't see why do yuo want
to do this now..
Bye.

If you are comparing Gnome to iceWM,lxde, etc. it shows your ignorance, imnsho.

My useless contribution to the mindless flame ends here :-)

--
Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com