Re: [opensuse-project] Decision making for the distribution
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:56:44 +0200
On Tuesday 04 August 2009 14:50:56 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Now I'm confused. I never mentioned voting for stability. And voting for
features is done in openFATE right now - and either I understand you that
you want the voting removed (and then see lots of +1 in the comments ;-( )
or - and that's the purpose of my write up: What does voting for features
mean? How to interpret it?

Agreed, just having a vote system and a vague 'we are open' like in

http://news.opensuse.org/2009/07/01/openfate-adding-new-features-now-open-
for-everybody/

would just lead to disappointment if for example a popular ("more apple pie!")
feature is not implemented due to the logistical difficulty of keeping pie and
DVDs separate in the box.

http://news.opensuse.org/2009/01/16/opensuse-project-opens-feature-tracking-
with-openfate

is better but http://en.opensuse.org/OpenFATE/Documentation needs a lot of