  • From: "jdd (kim2)" <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:21:39 +0200
Andreas Jaeger a écrit :

Can we find a better solution than we currently have without giving out this
message? Or is this no great alternative?

Yes, we should find one.

The real question is : what are the real difference between kde, gnome
and xfce (and server or minimal install). If we could summarize this,
we could add a sentence in front of the choice and let the user decide.

However, I think this is easy... but for kde/gnome (for me). Let's try:

* KDE: the richer desktop, most loaded with options and wigdgets,
preferably used on high end computers, more Windows 7 like.

* Gnome: rich desktop, many options, great look, but lighter than Kde
and so able to run on less powerfull computers. Still very Windows
like and comfortable

* xfce: very pretty desktop aimed to less powerfull, low RAM,
computers, gorgious on the past years computers

* Server: If you don't know what it is you don't need it. Perfect for
http, ftp, smtp headless servers

* minimal: the fastest way to install openSUSE and see later what of
the 4 first choices fits better your needs

to be edited at will :-))
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net