Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Configuring Novell/opensuse accounts [Was: Fate question]
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 22:31:21 -0500
On Friday 22 May 2009 08:35:36 pm Jim Henderson wrote:
On Sat, 23 May 2009 02:48:24 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
So when you want to log to bugzilla look for Manage Acount link.

OpenSUSE wiki login offers Manage Account, while bugzilla login has it
hidden under Create Account (probably, I didn't actually log in to
check), or use Forgot All link that will give you page where you can
see Edit My Profile link.

Here is Manage Account link:
http://tinyurl.com/qtf6pj

I don't know how the heck that links changes to a Novell link, but it
does. I'm in paranoid mode, so I'll think it is a "phising" page that
emulates Novell page, somehow.

That page is a legitimate page, however the URL is apparently not
constructed properly and that results in the phishing attempt message
that iChain returns.

For me it works, though it returns just login page, not the link I put in
tinyurl.

I don't see a way to get into the account details from the openSUSE
website login.

When you choose login from http://en.opensuse.org/ , but not rush to log in
the wiki, then you can see on the left side few menu items.
One is Manage Account.

For example, through the wiki you can edit your wiki
preferences, but that doesn't get you to the iChain account details.

That is after login.

opensuse.org uses the login information stored for www.novell.com.

You can visit www.novell.com, drop the menu down, and select "login" to
get to the account management pages. That would be the safest way to go.

Once logged in, drop the menu down and select "Edit my profile". From
there you can make changes to your account.

Now that said, I don't know if that updates your bugzilla e-mail
preference or not.

It is updated on the spot.
I mean, after you change email, you still have to confirm - validate - new
email, but after that you can instantly use bugzilla and new email will be
used. I did change recently, so I'm sure how it works.

Regards, Rajko
http://news.opensuse.org/category/people-of-opensuse/