Re: [opensuse-project] Why many people don't support Guiding Principles ?
  • From: Uwe Buckesfeld <u.buckesfeld@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:39:27 +0200
On Tuesday 19 May 2009 17:11:12 Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Which part of the Guiding principles is so bad that it can't be accepted
(granted, for most people most things should just be considered as
'normal').

As I said, most of the things written go without saying (Be nice to others,
help others, spread the word, yaddayadda...)

It's the tone. It sounds all oh so important. I have token oaths before, most
of which deal with protecting freedom, courage, justice. Important stuff. But
this here is just a freaking operating system. Put the guiding principles
somewhere, no problem, but give me a chance to ignore them <G>

Uwe