Re: [opensuse-project] Re: Code names
  • From: Mark V <mvyver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 13:27:39 +1000
On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 06 May 2009 09:25:57 pm Jim Henderson wrote:

and it doesn't overcomplicate things, which I think we
might be doing here.

As usual :-)  (was that Mr. Godwin's point)

It's been fun and I've had more than my fair say. I'm going to have
to leave this thread now.

I suppose my main points are :
1) EOL is important - make it prominent.
2) EOL matters most for the more casual users - make it unavoidable
knowledge no matter how they update/upgrade.
3) Tagging releases with their EOL adds no complexity and is sytematic.
4) Tagging releases with their EOL could constrain future release EOL
policy, but in ways that are trivial or at least, IMO, worth the
price.

Cheers

--
Regards, Rajko