Re: [opensuse-project] Re: users' perspectives on openSUSE support,backports, our contributions, etc (fwd from user-list)
  • From: PGNet <pgnet.trash+osproj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:13:53 -0700
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
And user education is not always the highest priority a developer has.
This is what i think sometimes is not understood. That a simple WONTFIX
or WORKSFORME without any further comment means exactly this: I wont fix
it and unfortunately i don't have any time to explain why.

This is a sad story, but a true one.

sure. understood. some developers agree with your approach; others
choose a different one.

that is exactly why -- writing "just" as a user that contributes to
this project as well, and doesn't have time to waste either -- this
discussion is happening on the _project_ list, about _project_ issues,
and how users can both contribute and receive contributions.

i think & hope the process can be improved. as is often said "can't
fix what you don't know about".

consider your stated position/example above ... acknowledging for the
sake of discussion that noone should, or liekly can, change your mind,
any suggestions as to what a user should do in that case? how is the
user supposed to make further progress -- _either_ on that particular
bug, or with their overall goal os continuing to benefit from &
contribute to the project?