Re: [opensuse-project] application navigation/search tab for software management on yast
  • From: Ricardo Cornet <rcornet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 03:27:00 -0400
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM, Benji Weber <benji@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2009/4/1 Ricardo Cornet <rcornet@xxxxxxxxx>:

I tested that page and the results are.. well.. not nice.

Well it's a work in progress. You can also register and start tagging
things up & rating things. When there's more user generated content
the search can be adjusted to favour that.

In my opinion depending on users is not going to work. Most users are lazy...

Either packagers tag their packages, (which I don't think will happen)
or we implemente via software something that read descriptions of
packages and generates it own semantic dicctionary.

How well the latter is going to work is subject to discussion. But it
is easier to make software to work than make people to work. There is
a lot of people and a lot of apps.