Re: [opensuse-project] Sample article about new user experience.
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 01:41:59 +0100 (CET)

On Sunday, 2009-03-29 at 01:20 +0100, I wrote:

If it is not safe, you will not use SMB!

Can you convince all windows users not to use windows,
because it is not safe?
When you do, then I also will not use samba >:-P

I forgot.
My TV-box-tuner-with-time-shift gadget, which is also a linux thing, can store its things via the network on a home PC. Guess what? It uses samba, not nfs, ftp, or any such (easier to configure) thing... which is unfortunate. Having to use samba to share files on two linux machines is a disgrace!

Talking of which: has NFS been secured by now?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.