Re: [opensuse-project] Sample article about new user experience.
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 15:43:40 -0500
On Saturday 28 March 2009 01:33:53 pm Per Jessen wrote:
You need SMB for sharing files and printers when at office, where
probably your internal network is safe, but you use the same network
interface when your are elsewhere, which is probably not safe.

If you are in an corporate environment with a laptop, someone (i.e. the
sysadmin) will sort our the issues for you.  (for himself rather).

Initial post was about user that has to sort that out by himself.
Besides, I'm still reading how to setup Samba. I can see shares set in Linux,
but I can't write to them.

I think Jan was spot on with "If it is not safe, you will not use SMB!".

The problem is that safety is good if it is comfortable to carry every day.

Cloth is not as good protector as tin, but trough the time it won. Besides, if
entering the house would be as complicated as entering computer, we would be
very safe inside.

--
Regards, Rajko