Re: [opensuse-project] Feature implementation details
  • From: Eric Springer <erikina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 03:47:49 +1000
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

As we now have openFate, it is finally much clearer what will end up in the
next release. However, Fate lacks one part of the information - how is a
feature implemented.

I believe the best way to provide this information is using openSUSE wiki. But
I did not find any structure in Wiki where it would fit.

Did I overlook something or should we create e.g.
en.opensuse.org/Features/... and link features from openFate to these pages?

Any other suggestion?

Stano

There are obvious advantages to the wiki and to fate. Separating them
isn't ideal (it almost always leads to things getting out of sync), so
my suggestion would be wiki-fate! :D

It'd be really nice to have all original fields editable as a wiki
(ideally with the same wiki software?). (And comments editable by
owners) This way the feature request can really be more accurate, and
progress tracked. And often you have pretty crappy/vague feature
requests and if that feature is to go ahead -- it's pretty messy
looking at the original request. So it'd be nice to have this in a
wiki format, while retaining the whole fate structure.

Just an idea :)

--
Eric Springer,
PGP Fingerprint: 097D E98D 9278 FE86 2659 2959 DA9E 90BD F183 2F88