Re: [opensuse-project] Novell´s plans for the comming releases
  • From: "Birger Kollstrand" <birger.kollstrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:56:11 +0100
2009/1/16 Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>:
openSUSE is used by the community nowadays in all the different scenarios
you mention above - and you'll surely find one vocal user for each of
them. ;)

:-) as always.
:
Should we focus the distribution more?

Yes. I think it`s always a good idea to build brick by brick. Choose a
strategy for focus areas per release.

And what do to with the other use cases?

Plan them for future attention and loving :-)

Ah, so you propose to focus openSUSE 11.2 on one specific topic and put lots
of effort into that one while we do the rest as well and 11.3 on another one
and that way add more features over time?
Well, one would be hard, but at least some areas and if possible work
closely with upstream projects to help them get it into good shape.
(And mabye in some way channel openSUSE resources to them?)