Re: [opensuse-project] Release Cycle changes
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:25:49 -0600
On Tuesday 06 January 2009 09:45:59 am Rob OpenSuSE wrote:
2009/1/6 Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Discussion about support, development etc, should happen after we decide
to have something that runs almost everywhere. There is no point to split
hair over development as long as we don't have something that installs on
almost any piece of hardware, like Knoppix.

Whilst I'm sure knoppix has it's problems on recent hardware, surely
noone can claim knoppix had more resources. Though I do remember SuSE
had Live CD's long time before knoppix made such a splash, because it
made such a good job of auto-configuring on a wide range of kit.

Some of the install difficulties, may be due to choices made to get
newer code a wider user base. There may be a conflict of interest
between long term, and short term community interests.

Well, Knoppix has booted on any hardware that I tried.
Did everything worked? Not always, but it showed something that one can use.
Was graphic fast? Almost never, but when I have GUI I have time to talk. Not
much, but I if have nothing to present, then I'm toast.

--
Regards, Rajko