Re: [opensuse-project] Release Cycle changes
  • From: "Rob OpenSuSE" <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:45:59 +0000
2009/1/6 Rajko M. <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Discussion about support, development etc, should happen after we decide to
have something that runs almost everywhere. There is no point to split hair
over development as long as we don't have something that installs on almost
any piece of hardware, like Knoppix.

Whilst I'm sure knoppix has it's problems on recent hardware, surely
noone can claim knoppix had more resources. Though I do remember SuSE
had Live CD's long time before knoppix made such a splash, because it
made such a good job of auto-configuring on a wide range of kit.

Some of the install difficulties, may be due to choices made to get
newer code a wider user base. There may be a conflict of interest
between long term, and short term community interests.