Re: [opensuse-project] Boxed editions slipping on release dates (3 weeks in some cases)
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:57:07 +0100
Le mardi 06 janvier 2009, à 13:31 +0000, Rob OpenSuSE a écrit :
2009/1/3 Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>:
Anyway, the whole bug reporting is completely disenchanting. The
system is far too inefficient, too distributed (across all the
different distros) and when it's not monitored aggressively it spirals
out of control.

What you do not see is also that we report bugs upstream, or we work
upstream
and fix the bugs there. So in the end it is unified again.

This is actually a reason to use openSUSE or Fedora community distro,
rather than some other choices.

Making that effort more visible in Bugzilla might help, where a Bug
has a report in upstream tracker, with some kind of workround in
openSUSE release(s).

That's actually the current policy to put a link to the upstream bug
tracker (in the URL field, and also in a comment), I believe.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.