[opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.2 schedule
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:43:03 +0100
Moin,

openSUSE 11.1 is almost out of the door and we (coolo, aj, zonker and
myself) had some discussion about the release date for openSUSE 11.2.

First we talked about July '09 release to come close to an 8 months
release cycle. But KDE 4.3 is scheduled for release on June 30th and
probably an OpenOffice.org release will be out end of June as well -
both wouldn't make it into a July openSUSE 11.2. Therfor we're now
thinking about a September release. Beside of getting the most
current OpenOffice and KDE in thhis would even have one additional
upside. It probably would be just in front of our openSUSE
conference. So the conference could be used for very a focused
openSUSE 11.3 planning.
But it has its downside as well. Finalization of the release would
happen during the summer holiday season. To address this we we added
one Beta to stretch the development time a bit.

Here's what we're talking about:

2009-02-05 openSUSE 11.2 Alpha 0
2009-03-05 openSUSE 11.2 Alpha 1
2009-04-02 openSUSE 11.2 Alpha 2
2009-04-30 openSUSE 11.2 Alpha 3
2009-05-28 openSUSE 11.2 Alpha 4
2009-06-25 openSUSE 11.2 Beta 1
2009-07-09 openSUSE 11.2 Beta 2
2009-07-24 openSUSE 11.2 Beta 3
2009-08-06 openSUSE 11.2 Beta 4
2009-08-20 openSUSE 11.2 RC1
2009-09-03 openSUSE 11.2 GM
2009-09-10 openSUSE 11.2 Public Release

Events to consider
March 3-8 CeBIT
March 8-13 BrainShare
June 24-27 LinuxTag
June 3-11 Akademy/Guadec
Sept openSUSE conference (mid of sept)
Sept Plumbers conference (around Sept 20-25)

Let us know what you're thinking about this.

Best

Michael Löffler, Product Management
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - Nürnberg - AG Nürnberg - HRB 16746 - GF:
Markus Rex