Re: [opensuse-project] Need for mails announcing devel stuff
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:56:00 +1100
On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 12:05 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

Every now and then, on IRC (well, at least on #opensuse-gnome), there's
a question like "what's the deadline to get packages in this beta" or
"are we feature frozen" or "should we submit to openSUSE:11.1 instead of
openSUSE:Factory". I'm nearly sure answers to all those questions are
obvious to some people and/or are documented somewhere on the wiki. But
the fact is that it's not obvious to a bunch of people.

I'd like to see mails sent for all of this stuff, possibly to a new
mailing list (opensuse-devel-announce, which would be for announcements
for people following the development of openSUSE). Eg, sending a
reminder that the deadline for submitting packages for the next beta is
at the end of the week, or explaining that 11.1 was branched and
updates for 11.1 should be handled this way or this other way. Or
announcing that we're freezing upstream versions. Stuff like that.

Sounds like the way to go... +1

Cheers,
Magnus