Re: [opensuse-project] Who are the "members of openSUSE community"?
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:53:45 -0500

Perhaps in this case, it is better to leave contributors as "Members"

I agree.

and call all others who sign the GP as "Supporters."

I would not call them in any particular way.

I think such users
would have a greater sense of "Patriotic support" or "Geekoiotic
support", as Decriptor aka Stephen Shaw recently coined, if they were
able to declare themselves as Supporters rather than Users, which is
such a bland word to identify themselves.

I think that if someone decides to sign the "principles" (I haven't, for
example), it's because they feel those principle are completely right
and they agree with what is written in them. That's all.

Supporter and member seems to be the same thing. A supporter helps the
distribution in some way, so he can apply for membership.

Regards,
A.