Re: [opensuse-project] WARNING: Some (?) Broken openSUSE.org user mailadresses
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 03:03:00 +0200 (CEST)

The Saturday 2008-09-20 at 13:41 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

I just got a second notification that somehow the opensuse.org mail
aliases for members are broken. We did a large sync yesterday so that
all new members receive their adresses and it seems that something
went wrong there.

If you have problems, please tell me so that I know who has problems -
and we're trying to figure out what went wrong and will fix it,

I have problems sending, not receiving.

I suppose this is not the proper list to handle this, but I don't know which one.

I use (I have to) the gmail smtp relay to send email as @opensuse.org; the problem is that emails sent to the list get the "from" changed to my gmail address instead, and thus can be rejected. This does not happen if I send direct, not to the list.

I do not know if this is a list server problem at opensuse, a gmail problem, a postfix problem on my side (I upgraded this machine to 11.0 recently), a combination of all, nor what list or what person should we use to ask questions like this.

As a remailer, the opensuse address is not very reliable for me; any remailer is unreliable (no smtp).

And of course, I will not send this email as @opensuse. I can't.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.