Re: [opensuse-project] End of life - what does it mean ?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:56:26 +0200 (CEST)

The Saturday 2008-04-19 at 19:21 +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:

There is even an initscript (/etc/init.d/rpmconfigcheck) which reports
them - but hidden behind the nice splash screen ;-)

Maybe the better solution would be a mail to root?

I would also like to propose moving this script to another place, for
example SuSEconfig. Running it at each boot is pointless.
Which is the reason we don't that since about 10.0 - but people doing
update over update won't notice we change such things :)

Why? Why don't you do the change for updated systems? Or send an email to root so that he does the change?

I do have that script, of course, my system has been updated in steps since 8.1 to 10.3. Should I remove it?

I haven't noticed suseconfig running a similar task.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
Version: GnuPG v2.0.4-svn0 (GNU/Linux)