Re: [opensuse-project] End of life - what does it mean ?
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:07:44 +0200
Hello,

on Samstag, 19. April 2008, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Samstag, 19. April 2008 schrieb Christian Boltz:
on Freitag, 18. April 2008, jdd wrote:
Christian Boltz a écrit :
There is even an initscript (/etc/init.d/rpmconfigcheck) which
reports them - but hidden behind the nice splash screen ;-)

Maybe the better solution would be a mail to root?

I would also like to propose moving this script to another place,
for example SuSEconfig. Running it at each boot is pointless.

Which is the reason we don't that since about 10.0 - but people doing
update over update won't notice we change such things :)

OK, you got me ;-)

I was probably worried by the fact that /etc/init.d/rpmconfigcheck still
exists (on 10.3, I'll update ;-) to 11.0 beta1 tomorrow). But yes,
according to the changelog this script isn't insserv'ed since some
years.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
But for now is the most important to find how to put more hours in
the day. The 24 is too little :-) [Rajko M in opensuse-wiki]