Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE 11.0 Greeter, Desktop Icons, Bookmarks
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:12:52 +0100
On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:32:28 +0200
Stephan Binner <stbinner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

string freeze for openSUSE 11.0 is coming up in two week so it's
again rather late to decide how we want the distribution point back
to the project sites.

- Shall we keep the setup with two different desktop icons (one
starting the first-time openSUSE greeter and one pointing to
http://help.opensuse.org)?

- What greeter text? Shall it directly link to
http://forums.opensuse.org?

- Shall browser bookmarks have forums.o.o, shop.o.o and
buildservice.o.o?

- Is www.opensuse.org the best browser start page or do we want to
have something like other distros which include some web search etc.?

are some of the questions which come to my mind.

Bye,
Steve

I personally am not that great a fan of the greeter, but I suppose it
does have its uses. I do think that having the help.o.o icon is useful
and should be kept.

I think the above links should be included as well as help.o.o,
software.o.o/search and opensuse-community.org in the bookmarks.

Keeping www.opensuse.org as the home page is a good idea.

My tuppence worth of opinion :)

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa, openSUSE Member: GNOME Team.
awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx | http://opensuse.org/GNOME

http://www.wafaa.eu