Re: [opensuse-project] From today's openSUSE board meeting: Who can vote for the openSUSE board?
  • From: Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 03:30:33 +0100
On Tuesday 18 March 2008 02:15:58 Francis Giannaros wrote:

At the moment I prefer the membership only method because it's the
simplest and is only really problematic in theory if the board is
corrupt and unfairly give out membership in order to further their
cause. In fact, this is pretty much the last premise I would ever
accept as a possibility in the argument. Perhaps making the membership
process even more transparent could help here, and I'd be willing to
listen to any ideas about that.

If we are going this route I think it's mandatory that the process of giving
out membership status is transferred to a committee which is not the board
itself. This would also help to free the board to do the tasks which it's
primarily meant to do.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>