Re: [opensuse-project] Announcing the official openSUSE Forums
  • From: Justin Haygood <jhaygood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:07:26 -0400

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 08:58 -0400, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
In order to provide a better service to the existing openSUSE
Community and to our new users, we're pleased to announce that
suseforums.net, suselinuxsupport.de and the openSUSE support forums at
forums.novell.com (the three largest English-speaking, dedicated SUSE
forums) are joining forces to merge into the new official openSUSE
Forums at forums.opensuse.org.

Behind the scenes, a project team consisting of Novell employees,
openSUSE Community members, and existing forums' staff have been
working on this project since the beginning of 2008. The new
infrastructure will be hosted by Novell to ensure the highest possible
quality of service.

Current plans are to migrate the existing active members of
suseforums.net and suselinuxsupport.de into the official openSUSE
Forums, simultaneously implementing Single Sign On for the whole
openSUSE Community. We hope to make the transition as seamless as
possible, and will go live Spring 2008. More information will be
posted as available.

All in all, a big gain for the whole openSUSE Community!

Best,

Zonker

Yay! Yet another blow to the competition. Will it be using our existing
Novell accounts (used for bugzilla, the wiki, etc..)?