Re: [opensuse-project] Getting Local User Groups off the ground
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:40:33 -0600
On Feb 25, 2008, at 7:58 AM, Martin Lasarsch wrote:

On Monday 25 February 2008 00:23:59 Carlos Gonçalves wrote:
On Sunday February 24 2008 22:28:06 Kevin Dupuy wrote:
3. Local Groups will need promotional material. One kind is fliers
that can be printed to paper that give info about openSUSE, and can
be developed by the Local Group themselves. I am working on a couple
of printable fliers that can be edited by the local groups to give
their name and meeting information. (Which reminds me: where is a
good place to host SVGs that can be downloaded off of the wiki?)

Another type is openSUSE itself. If a local group wants to have an
"install-fest" or other event that they want to hand out openSUSE at,
burning so many discs could be a difficult, timely, and expensive
job. Does Novell offer getting openSUSE discs (for a fee, even) at
bulk rates (thinking like 30 or so)?

AFAIK you can request some openSUSE t-shirts, PromoDVDs[1], stickers, pins,
and caps. Try to mail marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last year I requested openSUSE promo stuff for ENOS 2007[2] and get them in
no time :-)

Yes, we try to support that, if we have stuff to give away. Atm i have "only"
DVDs.
--
with kind regards,

Martin Lasarsch, Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5 90409 Nürnberg
GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
martin.lasarsch@xxxxxxx - http://www.opensuse.org

DVDs are probably the best to give away at meetings and such (since it has both desktop environments).

Kevin "Yo" Dupuy | Linux Mail: <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hope for America: Ron Paul for President <RonPaul2008.com>