Re: [opensuse-project] Getting Local User Groups off the ground
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:08:16 -0600
On Feb 24, 2008, at 1:32 AM, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Kevin Dupuy <kevindupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone.

So I've been working on a new project, the openSUSE Local User
Groups. The idea is to have local groups of openSUSE to help each
other, and help introduce openSUSE to their area.

This is a great idea.

So what I'd like to do is that I know we do have openSUSE user
communities already in some areas, so I'd like to hear from them
about this project. Also I definitely want some help with this.

Absolutely. This is something that we really need to do, so I'd be
happy to talk with you about whatever I can do to help. Where are you
based? Will you be able to start a group up in your area?

How many openSUSE users do we have in the Tampa, Florida area? I'd
love to get a group going in the Tampa Bay area.

Do we already have any openSUSE-specific groups?

What I'd like for this to come to is a place where people can meet
face to face, and promote the 11.0 release, get 11.0 release parties
organized and other things.

I'd love to have some 11.0 parties, and also localized promotional
efforts around the release so we can really start pushing a new user
effort with that release.

--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
openSUSE Community Manager

I'm in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
http://en.opensuse.org/Local_User_Groups/openSUSE_Users_Louisiana

I believe there are some openSUSE groups already, which is who I'd like to hear from since they have some insight in how to do this already.

I'm working on some nice openSUSE promotional material (like posters, images, web banners) that can be customized for Local User Group areas.

--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy | Project Mail: <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hope for America: Ron Paul for President <RonPaul2008.com>