Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:24:22 +0100
Graham

On 2/13/2008 at 21:37, Graham Lauder <yorick_@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Wednesday 13 February 2008 21:29:29 Bernhard Walle wrote:
* jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> [2008-02-13 08:20]:
Gerald Pfeifer a écrit :
There is a bit of a slippery slope here: not everything a board
member
or one of us Novell employees says is an official statement.

this is exacltly my point, it should be better if these people
could have
an "official" e-mail, for the moment they speak for the board.

Why do you need a new mail address for everything? Do you also have
another name in real life if you speak officially?

No, but in offline life you have Body Language and "Game Face" to
communicate
that.

In case your statement now is true, I have to assume that what you
wrote actually represents the opinion of the OpenOffice.org project, as
you wrote it with an @openoffice.org email address?

I hope you just realize how bad such a coupling of email addresses to a
statement really is. In now way would I dare to tell that what you just
wrote to any random mailing list is the opinion of a independent other
project.

Dominique