Re: [opensuse-project] Code of Conduct: adopted!
  • From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:20:49 -0600
On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 12:40 +0100, Henne Vogelsang wrote:

Hi, Henne,

I would like to do that too. No offense, but you are steping into
territory you had no business in before and you did not even bother to
talk to the people involved. This feels a bit weird and is not very
polite.

I for instance feel a bit skipped by all this because this went from
"general rules" on the wiki to "rules to abide" on IRC and mailinglists
"enforced" by the board. In the past i, among many others, was
responsible for this for 2 of the 4 communication channels you name. You
just told me on a public mailinglist im not anymore[1].

Yes, sorry, this was a huge oversight on my part. I completely forgot
about the moderators. I didn't mean to ignore your work! Rest assured
that we'll clarify this.

Your mail makes something very clear: the moderators need to be able to
do their work, and the board should only help resolve conflicts. I
completely agree with that; sorry again for making it seem like it's a
board-or-nothing kind of thing! We can definitely help as a last resort
when there is a lot of appealing to the moderators and the conflict
cannot be resolved locally.

Perhaps we can talk tomorrow during the project meeting?

Federico in shame